Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sprinkled with Love...

Adam had to work late this past Monday and was not able to join us for FHE. Seeing as I have an "experienced" chef on my hands, I decided to do a cooking project for FHE. Liam and I put on some fun music and headed to the kitchen to whip up a Valentine's treat for Grandma and Papa. We made chocolate pudding with whipped topping and sprinkles. The box says ready in 5 minutes, but it took Liam and I nearly 90 minutes to complete. We were in no rush, I wanted Liam to be able to actually participate. Liam helped the entire time. He poured the mix and the milk, did the stirring, spread the whipped topping, and tossed on the sprinkles. When we made it to the sprinkles, I showed him how to drop the sprinkles onto the pudding, he took a big handful and through the sprinkles overhand...it was hysterical. I think all of 3 sprinkles made it into the pudding. By the time the sprinkling was complete my kitchen floor looked like it had been to battle against a birthday cake! I will forever cherish the memory of Liam's first sprinkle experience!

After our Valentine's treat was complete, we crafted a few Valentines. Our Valentines consisted of paper hearts with Liam's traced hand print on the back. We then delivered our Valentine and pudding to Grandma and Papa!



No comments:

Blog Archive