Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Here they come, there they go.....ahh week-ends!

After being cooped up for much of the week, doing behind the scenes work, for Adam's business. I was looking forward to getting out and about over the week-end, and have some intellectual stimulation. I made sure to have all the laundry and house work done by Friday morning, so we could enjoy the remainder of the week-end! The weather was pleasant and made for an ideal week-end out!


We went to a civil war reenactment and living history exhibit...we introduced Liam to "honest Abe!"


The battle was held a private boys military academy. Adam and I were so impressed by these k-8th graders....if Liam is not in a home school based group, he will attend this school!


Liam pet a horse for his first time!



Liam took in every detail!




Liam's first exposure to camping....rather primitive style of camping if you ask me.....where is the air mattress, bug protecting tent, portable heater, and down sleeping bag??




So intrigued!




A step back in time.....minus the monkey bars in the background!




Could you imagine?




This man looks like he was extracted from the 1860's....perfect mustache!




The cannons were very noisy, so Liam and I cruised around off the battle site for the majority of the time!




We let Liam watch a baby Einstein once a week.... his favorite is Baby MacDonald....all about farms and farm animals. If you notice, he is holding his mama pig! We love our movie day with him!





Grandma and I took Liam to this newer park in Irvine to attend a Gardening workshop, when we were there, we stumbled upon a safety fair. Liam was able to meet local firefighters and a baby fire truck!


The park has this beautiful carousel!


They also offer the chance to take in the scenic view in a tethered balloon. We did not do the balloon this time, as there was a bit of a chill in the air that morning!




Too cute....all though I NEVER want him to be a firefighter .....far too dangerous for my little pumpkin!




He was kindly given a sticker by a fireman.....which immediately he tried to eat!




Isn't this lettuce beautiful.....I will grow lettuce of equal beauty someday!




Anyone ever heard of worm compost? I will compost this way someday!




Liam stayed bundled and people watched at the garden workshop!




I am so doing the above ground garden thing!




They hold a series of garden workshops each month, my Mom, Grandpa, and I are going to attend all we can.....we are working on improving our year around gardening skills!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

My mom lives so close to that! We were ther last time we were in Cali. You should take her with you, she would LOVE it.

Blog Archive