
Often, while I run, I think of the many blessings I have in my life. I do this in efforts to pass time, as well as kick start my day in a more positive way. Today while running, I decided to run through the letters of the alphabet and count a blessing in my life, that was associated with each letter. I stopped when I got to letter "N." It wasn't that I ran out of blessing to finish off the alphabet. It was the fact that my blessing for letter "N" was something I over look all too often...it was the blessing of Now.
I am a firm believer of the importance of learning from your past, and preparing for your future, however, I also believe there is equal importance in recognizing the "now." Often, referred to as the present, the "now," is not something we easily tap into. Our thoughts are either traveling back in time or skipping ahead.
This morning, when I tapped into my "now" I expanded my ability to experience, really experience. I looked down and watched my sweet Liam drift off into a sweet slumber. I have watched him fall asleep many times, however, this was the first time I saw his facial muscles relax, and blissful rest flow into his face. I noticed the dew in the air, and felt it's coolness contrast the warmth of my sweat ridden face. My stiff morning body, was beginning to feel warm. I felt limberness being restored to my body. I even took noticed to the steady, rhythmic pounding of my heart.
I took my focus outside my body, and notice the flowers I run by everyday, were different. Their petals were pinched together and closed tight. With the morning dew, came morning clouds that tucked the sun away, forcing the petals of each flower to retreat. I thought about the significance of warmth. When thinking of warmth, I thought about how Heavenly Father is the warmth in my life. When, I come unto Christ, I feel the warm rays of Heavenly Father's love for me. I feel safe, I feel motivated and inspired to open up my life and extend my "petals" outward. As, I feel the desire to add beauty to the world through my thoughts and actions. I feel an overwhelming desire to serve others and to love with out judgment.
As you can imagine, the miles of my run, passed by. Before I knew it, I had returned home. At the realization of this, I thought, if I were to notice the sweet details of life more often, and connect with my "now," how my life could significantly be more pleasant. I could alter my life with out change in status, money, or any other major circumstance. How much richer would my life be? How much happier could I be? I wonder, despite all the despair in the world, if my life can stroll along with a steady, upbeat cadence and before I know it could I be walking with Christ thinking .....I am home!
How happy life can be......even and ordinary and routine morning jog, can be transcended to the highest elevation of happiness. If only we will allow ourselves to be so happy!

No comments:
Post a Comment