Friday, April 9, 2010

Who's Ready to Party??


This year I have decided to join the 5 minutes for mom, blog party! I figured, as a soon to be mom it would be great to make connections with other mothers, and get clued into motherhood! I have never done a blog party, to be honest, I have never heard of a blog party, however, I am always up to try or learn something new, so here's to the blog party!

Now that I have posted my disclaimer, I want to introduce myself in a bit more detail!

I have been married for over two years, to a wonderful man who makes me feel on top of the world! We are expecting our first child and could not be more excited to welcome our little boy to this world! I am a nurse, and find great joy in helping others. My life, and life goals are driven by passion. I am passionate about children who do not have homes and families. My husband and I are currently working through certification courses to enable us to adopt a sweet child, and give him/ or her all the opportunities they deserve in life! I am actively involved in the Pro-life movement and am on the chair of a group!

I recently moved from Arizona to the boundry of Newport Beach. It is wonderful! I love taking walks daily on the beach, and collecting drift wood! My favorite place to shop is flea markets....I love vintage clothing, and "old worn in" items to add to my home! I like to re-do furniture, I think old furniture has great bones and structure! My "style" (if you will) is unique, worn in, and comfortable!

I love to host parties of all sorts, dinner parties have become my favorite....though I am not a cook, I love decorating, and creating beautiful tables.......I believe in the use of "Real" dishes & linens!

I love being active, and enjoy hiking, running, pilates, yoga, and ballet! Natural health/ living is very interesting to me, and I try my best to live as holistic as possible in this modern world! Recently, I have become obsessed with fallowing "savings" blogs.....I love the challenge of finding a good deal!

I love to read classic books (anything Jane Austin) , and children/tween books (ie. Harry Potter.) This summer, I am committing myself to re-read, a childhood favorite, the Little House on The Prairie series! I am determined to never stop learning, I love to learn, and have an entire list of topics and skills I want to study up on! I'm obsessed with Europe....I love all things European! I have dreams to travel the world! I believe in traveling off the beaten path.

I have a great family/ extended family, I enjoy spending time with them. My Grandma is my hero. She recently passed away, I have never felt so heart broken, as I miss her more than my words can express. ( I have a hard time with death. ) I aspire to become just like my Grandma, she is perfection in my eyes!

Someday, I dream of living in a beautiful home ( hopefully, and older home or farmhouse....something with history & originality) on a small amount of land, with space for horse stalls, 2 cows, and a few chickens! It will be a place that has small town values and morals, a place with all four seasons. I will jump in piles of leaves with my children, make snowmen, pick apples in the fall and run through sprinklers in the summer. I do not seek fame or fortune....just a simple life with my family and my children! This is my dream life!

P.S. You should all join in the party....you can promote your blogs, link up with other moms, and win fun prizes! The prizes I am in to win are $50 gift card to tag less baby apparel, 10 free custom bumper stickers ( great for my pro-life group!), $25 gift certificate to Disney store, $25 gift card to target!


26 comments:

Julie Arduini said...

Congrats on the little one on the way! I also love the Little House series, what a great summer project.

So glad you joined the party, great to meet you!

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

Welcome to UBP 2010! I hope you are having fun and CONGRATS for the upcoming baby. I have two boys myself and they are my world. :)
My UBP 2010 Party Post

Kelly Irene said...

Thanks for stopping by and congrats on expecting your little boy! When is he due? My daughter was born in August, so she is nearly 8 months old. My hubby happens to be from Long Beach...just north of Newport! That is such a pretty area, and I love visiting his family there!
happy party!

Dee Birks said...

Vintage clothes are awesome. There was a girl at my college who got all of her clothes at thrift shops and she always looked great. Congratulations on the pregnancy. You will find an awesome community of moms through the UBP. I love to read children and tweens books, too. It reminds me why I fell in love with reading in the first place. Great meeting you!

Muthering Heights said...

Hello! It's very nice to meet you!

Congratulations on your little blessing!! :)

Kristen said...

Congratulations on your baby! I am sure we can become good friends, so I am glad you stopped by my blog! I am definitely going to be coming by again! and again!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Thank-you for stopping by my blog party. I am checking your blog party out. Isn't this fun? Yay.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Have a great weekend.
Lisa
http://www.lisasglutenfree.com

alexis nicole said...

You've got a baby on the way! It is such an exciting time isn't it?!
I had my first son in May, boys are awesome!

The Yager Family said...

Congratulations on your baby boy - hope you're having a wonderful pregnancy!
That cupcake trick is hilarious! I love it!
Have fun at the party :)

diane said...

hello, nice to meet you and your blog. i too am a nurse. congrats on your baby. i will follow via email. wolfbayou@yahoo.com

Mary Jo said...

Congratulations on your little man that's soon to arrive! :)

I'm here from UBP10 and it's my first time partying too!

Scuba Wife Life said...

Stopping by for the UBP! Congrats on your pregnancy! Your blog is really cute and I look forward to checking out more of it! Feel free to stop on by my blog too!:)

Anonymous said...

Happy UBP 2010!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I appreciate the comment you left and it is so great to "meet" you.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and you're right, it's definitely a great idea to reach out to other mothers and get a feel for the motherhood life. I wish I had that time to prepare, but I inherited two small stepdaughters from my partner, but through the past few years, they have taught me a great deal and I'm learning as much as I can and look forward to learning more with them.

It's so great to find out more about you. While I am devoutly pro-choice and very active within the feminist/pro-choice community, I cannot respect you more for getting certified to adopt. That truly touches me in ways a simple comment on your post cannot live up to. As a child I was raised by a single father and my grandmother and aunt and because of that, I have a deep appreciation for unconventional families and the sentiment that a village must come together to raise a child could not be any more correct. Good luck in your certification and your pregnancy.

Happy blog hopping!

http://WomanTribune.com

Koni said...

I love Jane Austen as well. She is my favorite author! I've got 5 kids, but still remember what it was like waiting for the first one to come! Enjoy!

I'm a board member at powerofmoms.com a great website to help moms be better - this is a great time for you to look at it!

Bree, Home of Blogmania said...

4 going on 5 - congratulations! I sometimes think of a 3rd, then can't find my mind and wonder how it would really be- with another one. Happy UBP10~ www.breebee.com- Have a blast with this pregnancy~
OH- I am having a giveaway on Thursday that you may like for the baby - - - stop on over if you have a sec.

joeandbridge said...

Hi there! Just popping in from the UBP to be your newest Google Follower! Hooray! Hope you had a great weekend and have a great week! Swing by my blog when you get a chance!

Bridgette Groschen
The Groschen Goblins
www.groschengoblins.com

Cheryl D. said...

Hi! I'm passing through as part of the UBP! Nice blog!

Lana said...

Ahh...I'm having baby fever...I miss those little toes and sweet laughs.

I have five kids - they would be offended if I called them babies. (But, they are!)

Congrats!
Glad to meet you!
Lana like banana

http://www.ilovemy5kids.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

Visiting from the UBP and now following. Great blog.

www.lifeofamodernmom.com

Pricousins said...

Happy UBP! We have a lot in common - I love the classics like Jane Eyre, and Ernest Hemingway is one of my fave writers! I also LOVED all of the Little House on the Prairie books (not to mention the shows!)

Congrats on the little bundle of joy and on aspiring to adopt a little one. I'm adopted so I always admire that in people.

Thanks for stopping by A Simple Kinda Life today!

Anonymous said...

Nice to "meet" you (& thank you for stopping by my blog!). Congratulations on your pregnancy & good luck with the adoption process!! That is awesome :) I love your dream to live the simple, country life. We have been living on 10 acres of farmland for the past five years, here in NC. We don't own any animals, mainly because I've found motherhood to be demanding enough, but our neighbors have horses, cows, chickens, and goats. The goats come visit us in a small herd every morning. It's definitely much different from living in the Bay Area, but I'm enjoying it and the kids L-UH-VE it!

douglass said...

Hello. stopping by on UBP '10. Congratulations on your baby, trust me, it's better than you can even imagine :) i'm a nurse too, stop by
www.nursemamma.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Stopping from the UBP! It was wonderful to read about your life and visit your site. I love to read the classics too.

Single PAP said...

hi from another UBPartier!

oh, to live in newport. lucky you! i used to live in LA and i do miss it.

good luck winning!

www.tothemotherland.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You are so smart to start networking with other moms before you become a mom. I wish I had done that more. They can be your strongest allies!

Stopping by from the party. So nice to be here!

Blog Archive