Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Do you have have these days or moments?


Do you ever have those days where life just doesn't seem to make sense? My Grandma passed away a few months ago. Her passing has been so difficult. I know in my heart and mind she is in a better place, and freed from the imprisonment of her body. However, I can't help but feel deep sadness with out her here. She and I have been best friends my whole life.....there has not been a week of my life where I haven't seen her, spoken with her or wrote to her. Things just feel so different with out her. Last night, I had a bazaar, yet strangely realistic dream about my Grandma. I woke up this morning in hysterical tears. It's strange how real dreams can seem, all day I have felt a little weird and I keep looking at all the people rushing around me and today, life just doesn't make any sense to me. Does it ever amaze you how much life can change from one day to the next? It makes me think, "am I doing all that I should be doing in life?" " I'm I rushing through life, busy with the unimportant ?"

ps. sorry, I know this has depressing undertones.....I just wonder if any of you ever feel the same? Death is hard for me, what helps you understand death?

7 comments:

Pricousins said...

I feel you - my mom died on 4/14/07 and it doesn't get any easier. I still miss her like I missed her on 4/15/07. I was adopted though so I Missed out on her but I found her and we talked all the time. Sending hugs your way!

Amber Page Writes said...

I think that's completely understandable and I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm not very good at dealing with death, so I don't have any pointers for you, but I am sending you a big hug!

Unknown said...

I have a really bad time with death too. It seems to take me years to get passed a loved ones death and I will still break down for days at a time. Just being able to rely on the Lord helps. Love you woman!

♥ Mrs. S.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I have had many of those moments....What a special blog...This is such a fun party and I have already met some of the greatest bloggers... I am sad it is about to end. I am amazed at all the different and creative blogs. Stop by for a visit...just leave a comment on any of the last few posts on either blog and you are eligible for the GRAND PRIZE $100 GIFT BASKET! I am going to draw Friday night.....
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

Amber said...

I'm visiting from UBP. It is tough. My grandmother (my biggest fan) died the day I found out I was pregnant. These are now forever locked together. I wish I had some advice for you. Try to enjoy the bittersweet memories that you have.

~Amber @ The Mom Road

Sarah said...

My grandpa died about 3 1/2 years ago and I understand how you feel! Hugs!

ps. I'm stopping by from the UBP! :)

Karen's Favorite Things said...

I am stopping by with the UBP. I love the title of your blog. I'm so sorry for the loss of your Grandmother. I'm she is smiling down from heaven at the growing "bump" in your tummy. Many blessings to you as you begin to grow your family.

Blog Archive