Sunday, July 29, 2012

"Olivia time"...

It is important to me that I spend time each day with Liam and Olivia individually. I love them both so dearly and am determined to soak them up all I possibly can. Olivia is still in that "sleepy" phase, so Liam and I have lots of time to work on the house together, read, do art, and play with trucks and motorcycles. 
Each afternoon, sweet Liam cozies up and takes his afternoon nap. I then spend 45- minutes to an hour of uninterrupted time with my darling Olivia. This is not time where I am nursing her, changing her diaper or carrying her around in her carrier. This is blissful time, where I whisk her off mid day to my bed. I read to her ( we are reading the Laura Ingle Wilder series) and talk to her about EVERYTHING under the sun. During my chatter, Olivia smiles, coos, and eventually drifts off to sleep. I usually end up falling asleep for a while myself. Olivia has a way of twisting and wiggling until she is right next to me, and there we are smack in the middle of the day, just two girls snuggling up sleeping all our cares away. My soul could not be more content in this moment.
I could spend this time attending to my home or tackling a number of all responsibilities however, I can not trade a moment of this time for anything in the world ( and most certainly not to do laundry.) My heart melts and I delight in my "Olivia time." After an hour or so, I quietly sneak away and leave my sweet princess in her slumber, and work double time to get the cleaning and laundry done before they wake and the rhythm of our day returns to it's steady, busy beat. There are days were I fall behind, and my home reflects my unaccomplished tasks... I am SO ok with this! 

1 comment:

ouradventures said...

thanks for taking good care of my niece and nephew...I really appreciate it! love you all!

Blog Archive