Thursday, June 14, 2012

Chronicles of a big Brother part II...

Liam's second week as a big brother was busy, despite all the extra time we spent at home. Liam has been so helpful and displayed the sweetest version of himself ever sense Olivia has come home. He truly is pleasant in every way.  Though he is only 20 months, I can see he has a tender, loving heart and qualities of greatness. I think he is a natural born leader. I may be a bit biases, but I would not be shocked if he grows to be the kind of man who moves mountains. 
 Liam has proved to be especially helpful around the house. He even used the steam mop for the first time!
When mom wasn't looking ( she was prob. nursing little sister, Liam tossed a piece of his plastic play food in the oven. I noticed after I had already pre-heated the oven to bake Adam's birthday breakfast. The entire house started to smell of plastic. When I opened the oven I saw a plastic celery bubbling in the oven. After airing out the toxic fumes, and letting the oven cool, Liam had the most wonderful time, scrapping and scrubbing off what was left of his celery. We now keep our oven on the "lock" setting!
 On Adam's birthday Liam went through a phase of wanting to wear a headband like baby sister for a few hours. Adam was worried when he caught sight of Liam in a headband, but felt comforted when he hopped onto his quad and started to run everything over!
 Liam spent a lot of time riding around on his beloved bike!
 We made creative use of our extra home time, by busting open our art cabinet!
 Liam is very observant, and learned all about the breast pump in no time. He calls it "mommy's tool!"
 Liam spend a lot of time working on magnificent play dough creations.

Liam took advantage of every opportunity he could to snuggle up to his sister, he really is the most adoring big brother I have ever seen!
Liam spent a great deal of time play in our backyard, and got a kick out of the "trailer" daddy made for him. He spent hours transporting collections of toys from one place to another!

No comments:

Blog Archive