After having contractions all through out the day, I was awoken late Saturday night with contractions that were so strong I could no longer sleep through them. I timed them...5-6 minutes apart. I rolled over and woke Adam saying it was time for us to head to the hospital. We called my parents to come stay with Liam and dashed off to the hospital anxious to have a baby.
When we arrived, it was determined I was only dilated to a two. The Dr. told Adam and I to walk around the hospital for 2 hours and at that point I would be rechecked to see if I had progressed. After two hours of pacing the bleak 4 am, hospital floors I had only progressed to a 3. I was thinking great, at least I can go home and be there when Liam wakes up and walk during the day with him. While in mid thought, planning my day I heard a loud pop followed by a gush....my water ruptured. I would be sticking around. I would be meeting my little Olivia before the day's end.
I received my epidural after being admitted. I was anxious for my parents to bring Liam by. My heart ached to see him...it was the first morning of Liam's entire life I was not home to greet him in the morning. My parents brought Liam in once he woke up for a visit. Liam entertained the morning hours away. Once he left for his nap, Adam and I settled in to rest and watched a movie. During the movie I started to feel pressure in my bum. I expressed this to my nurse. She checked me and told me Olivia was right there at the door step. A half hour later the mid-wife was called in, and I started to push. 25 minutes later at 1:25pm our sweet Olivia Ruth Buhl entered the world, with out making a peep. She was so calm and quiet it was a bit concerning. Finally she let out a small squeak and I was flooded with relief. She weighs 8 pounds 10 oz, is 20 inches long and has a beautiful head of dark hair. She is beautiful beyond description and completely heavenly.
When Liam met Olivia for the very first time he gave her an adoring kiss with out any prompting. I thought it was so sweet to see him with wide eyes, taking in his new little sister and smiling brightly. We stayed at the hospital less than 24 hours, as I was so anxious to get home and all be together. The most difficult part of the delivery, hands down, was being away from Liam.
We brought Olivia home, and settled in. It's difficult to explain, but it feels so natural to have Olivia here with us. It's like we have been waiting for her for a long time. Nothing feels forced or frantic, it just feels right, it feels peaceful. She is our little princess. How blessed I feel to say I am Mommy to such a sweet prince and darling little princess.
Welcome to the world sweet princess!
Is this real life?....it feels like a fairytale.
Meeting his sister for the first time, and declaring to all the world he his a big brother!
He's hooked...she has him wrapped around her teeny tiny finger already!
First bath!
First accessory!
Liam could not wait to get his hands back on his little sister the next morning!
He is quite the Olivia hog...he loves to hold her!
He loves to kiss her!
Heading home!
Love that we have two car seats!
Settling into being home!




















4 comments:
Congratulations! She is beautiful and you finally got your little girl. I hope things are going well for you family.
those cheeks are Yummy!! Cant wait to meet her soon!
So happy for you guys!! So her birthday is May 30? That is Zander's birthday. So I've been trying to access your blog from the link on the homepage of my blog but it didn't work since you went private. I just figured out that I could click on a link once I signed into my account that allows me to see all private blogs. I'm a dummy huh?? Oh well, now I can see what your family is up to. Hope you are all doing well!
Congrats!!! I can't believe I missed all this!! She is beautiful
Post a Comment