I woke up Saturday morning with fairly strong contractions. I rolled over to Adam and told him I thought today would be "the day." I decided that I wanted to spend extra special time with Liam just in case it ended up being the last day we spent as the "3 amigos." In the morning I took Liam for a long walk to all our favorite sites. We spent a long time watching the horses in the arena...Liam was fixated on the horse poop that we found alongside the arena trail. He thought horsey poop poo was just hilarious. After our walk, we played for hours in the backyard in the sandbox and sat on the outside bench watching the bugs and lizards. After Liam's nap time, Daddy was home and ready to take Liam and I for a late afternoon of fun. We went to the local nature center and looked at animals and let Liam guide us around on the various trails. Liam spent hours leading us on trail after trail.
After our nature excursion, we stopped by the strawberry stand to get Liam strawberries that were almost as sweet as him and whisked him off to toys r us to buy him something special of his choosing. Liam ended up selecting a tiny green toy trash truck. We picked up a special dinner and spent a little more time playing outside. Adam and I sang to Liam and tucked him into bed. When we shut the door to his room, we reflected on how wonderful it has been to be little trio and how excited we are to upgrade our title to the four musketeers!



No comments:
Post a Comment