Thursday, February 9, 2012

Welcome 2012...

As I stated last year, I am not a big New Year's goal person. I am big on having life goals. Looking back on my life goals from last year (see them here) I think I accomplished just about all of them. I feel behind on actually getting the story I wrote for Liam printed into a book...I have found it to be difficult to find an artist who can illustrate the story for me. Also, I feel like I did not challenge myself enough to get outside of my comfort zone. So, these things stay on my list while the rest get that mental check off. This year I would like to add the following to my list:

1. Continue to cherish every moment with Liam. Tell him each and everyday a million times how much I love him. Continue to make an effort into teaching him and provoking his wonderfully, curious mind!

2. Continue to support Adam in his career as he further develops and expands our businesses. In addition, support Adam as he works on learning time management and organizational skills.

3. Finish a few house projects: paint the kitchen, molding in the entry way and living room, put together the nursery, and change the decor of the master bathroom

4. Host play group at our home at least 1x each month.

5. Take 1 online course on a subject that peaks my interest and gets my wheels moving. I am thinking I will take some sort of writing or journalism course....history is always a contender.

6.Serve my family, church and community on a weekly bases. I want to distill the importance of loosing yourself in service with-in my children.

7. Nurse Olivia for at least 1 year and make all her baby food.

8. Keep feeding my family nutritiously.

9. Run another half marathon (as long as my milk supply allows.)

10. Adam and I have some big plans for 2014, I will do my part to stick to our budget and acquire the unnecessary skills to ensure we are on track for our big plan!

11. Work on our temple attendance. I have such a difficult time parting from Liam and I know I will feel the same with Olivia. However, I want the temple to important to my children and I know the best way to nurture that desire is through example. It is my goal to attend the temple (meaning a full session) at least 5 times this year!

12. I will read at least 1 book each month. I am off to a good start here, I have read 4 books thus far!

Well, I think that sums up the major items for 2012!

No comments:

Blog Archive