Thursday, February 9, 2012

Nature Activity: Watering the Garden

True to my nature, I have maintained some form of a "routine" with Liam since he was 10 days old. Our routine is based around where Liam is in his developmentaly and based around our family as a unit. As Liam has grown, our routine has evolved to keep up with Liam's bright and curious mind, as well as his ability to stay awake for a longer duration of time .

Each day, we have 2 planned activities, an AM activity and a PM activity. Each AM and PM activity has a theme, the theme depends on the day of the week. I know, this sounds a bit complicated however, typed out onto a chart makes it easy to refer to, and makes for fun filled days and interesting weeks. One of the themes we have this month is nature. During one of our "nature days," I taught Liam how to pour liquid from one container to other containers and target spots. Once he mastered that, we learned how to water our beautiful plants and flowers in the yard.

Liam was so proud of his accomplishments. I was amazed at his ability to control the amount of water he poured from each container ( he did not just dump the whole thing!) We have since enjoyed a number of "nature themed" days working outside in our yard, giving the plants something to drink!

No comments:

Blog Archive