Each Thursday, we do an activity I call "discovery box time." During this time, I pull out a box or bag filled with random odds and ends. I then, let Liam dive into the box and do whatever his wonderfully creative mind chooses to do. I have a strict rule with myself, not to show him what to do with anything in the box. I let this be his time to discover and create. While I love teaching Liam how to do something, I am thrilled to see his creative interpretations of how he would use the various items. I have been amazed at his ability to thread pipe cleaners, screw and unscrew nuts and bolts, stack objects, an open and close a variety of containers! Liam often runs up to show me interesting objects he has found or creations he has concocted. When his interest as run out with the box for the day, he helps me place all the items back into the box and carry it to the drawer for safe keeping until the next week. I add and subtract objects each week to keep things interesting for him!



No comments:
Post a Comment