Once Thanksgiving is over, I go into full blown Christmas mode. Literally, once the turkey has been consumed and the stuffing runs out, I turn on Christmas music, and fill our calendar full of advent activities. I make Adam put up the Christmas lights a few days before Thanksgiving, that way we can depute them the very next night. On the 1st of December, it is time to put up our Christmas tree...a staple of the Christmas season. This year, I decided to play it safe and decorate our tree in a "Liam proof" manner. I decided to forgo the bulb ornaments....as I knew Liam would view them as shimmering shinny balls too alluring to resist. I decided to add decorations only to branches at higher elevations. Anything that could be with-in Liam's reach was kept bare. Liam and I decorated the tree together. He was very excited to help. I gave him a few decorations that he placed on the tree and relocated nearly a million times. While decorating the tree, we danced and clapped to our favorite Christmas carols....by far the most fun I have ever had decorating our Christmas tree! It was Liam's job the entire month to turn the lights on each morning and evening, each time he did he would say "pretty!." He was so proud of our little tree, and never once tried to pull it over!
No comments:
Post a Comment