Well, that year mark came flying by at a million miles an hour. I was not ready to give up my sweet alone time with Liam. It was around this same time that I learned we were expecting Olivia. After my Dr. appointment, I told myself I will come to terms and nurse Liam until January.
Well, Liam got sick of all my term extensions and decided to take claim on his toddlerhood. The last week of December, he decided he was done nursing. It took just 3 short days for him to determine he was done. The first night I sent him off to bed with out nursing him, was gut wrenching for me. I kissed him good night, closed his door and flopped straight into Adam's arms balling! I would have extended my January deadline. I have a hard time letting go of my sweet baby moments with Liam. I get so thrilled by him learning and growing. I adore the little toddler that he has grown to be. However, that baby stage went so fast...literally a blink of the eye...It is hard for me to surrender any part of it. Thankfully, he has become a bit of a snuggler when he is sleepy...it def. softens the blow!

No comments:
Post a Comment