Monday, May 9, 2011

My First Mother's Day...

I have never been bestowed such a gift, as the gift of Motherhood. I love everything, just EVERYTHING about being Liam's Mommy. Mother's day was the happiest of occasions. It served as a blissful reminder that Liam is mine for all of time and eternity! It also, gave me an opportunity to show my Mom how much I appreciate her, and the endless sacrifices she has made for me. The day was simple, but perfectly pleasant!
We gave my Mom two flats of flowers to add a burst of color to her beautiful Spring garden! I was thoughtfully given a bread maker ( Adam does pick up on my hints after all!) and a beautiful beverage serving system to use while entertaining from my parents.....I can already see it being put to great use this summer as I use it to serve various flavors of lemonade!
Brunch...I fell short and did not decorate the buffet table as I had intended too.....but at least all the food did get done with only 1 minor disaster ( my mini lemon bunt cakes stuck....so I had to resort to one large bunt cake, My culinary talented Aunts gave me some great tips, so next year I will have perfect personal flower shaped bunt cakes!
I love any excuses to use my Mom's beautiful antique silver. I also, am a firm believer in using real plates and napkins, as I have previously posted about. I did do something different this time around, I only added a sprinkle of fresh flowers from my mom's garden. For the center piece, I opted to make flowers out of paper napkins instead of going fresh. I thought they were fun....adding a pop of color and a hint of whimsy to our table setting!

Ham and egg tarts
Sweet potato biscuits
In the later afternoon, I took Liam out for a leisure walk. We walked to the Richard Nixon Presidential Library to gaze at the fountain. I take him here often, I get a kick out of how excited he gets over the sound of the water!

This little man makes my day everyday, however, he made my Mother's Day happier than I have words to even express. I feel so blessed to be a mother!

No comments:

Blog Archive