Liam, oh my little Liam is growing SO fast. He can now sit on his own pretty well, after a few minutes he will teeter off to one side, but for the most part he is a sitting man! He is already moving on to his next trick.... crawling! He uses his head to prop his bum up in the air in efforts to get on all fours. For now he army crawls and rolls for toys, but we are certain it will not be long before Liam is truly mobile.
Liam's pack and play no longer is an adequate bed for him. We had him sleeping in the pack and play because I just could not fathom having him ALL the way in the other room to sleep in his own crib. Well, after a few nights of watching Liam looking a little " crunchy" in his pack and play....I realized, the time for Liam to sleep in his own crib had come. So, I made Adam break down Liam's pack and play and put up his crib.......in our room! Looks like I am still not ready for Liam to be sleeping a whole room away! I know, I know....he will half to sleep in his own room one day, and when he is married.....I will respect that he and his wife need their own room....until then, I just LOVE having my little Prince bedside!
On the topic of sleeping, I have conducted much research regarding the topic " sleep training." I agree a healthy sleeping habit is something learned. I have been carefully structuring Liam's day from the time he was 10 days old, in ways to encourage healthy rest. When it comes to allowing Liam to " cry it out'" and learn to sleep through the night.....I just can NOT do it. It just goes against all my motherly instincts. As Liam has been growing, his appetite has been growing as well. With the introduction of solid foods, Liam has been waking less and less over these last 2 months for night time feedings. He now only wakes once a night (11-12 hour time span consist of our night.) It is HORRIBLE......I miss my little boo boo bear.....I miss feeding him 2 or 3 times a night. I do not want him to sleep all night with out waking......I swear, I put him down to bed at night, and am happy to have some baby free time with Adam, but we both miss the little guy the moment he goes down. After several hours....it is just so sad. I often wake and peak at him, or kiss him while he is asleep, and then fall back asleep. Is it bonkers that i am not dying to have my little baby boy sleep through the night? Sure, I am tired.....but I will sleep when I am dead. My little baby boy is changing daily, I want to soak up the baby moments...all of them...even the sleep interrupted nights!
Liam and I have been making new friends! We attend a Mommy and me lap time class. Liam was especially drawn to the sweetest little girl, Cali. She is just a doll, just beautiful, smiley, happy and just about Liam's same age! Her mom is so cute and fun......and has Cali on the same kind of schedule I have Liam on......she is a woman after my own heart.....she is just as type "A" as me! We decided to get the kids together for a play date.....Liam's first official play date. We met up in the morning to walk the horse trail and take the kiddos to the local park for some swinging time! Liam, brought Cali a little bundle of flowers.....after all, we are raising a Prince, but more importantly a future husband....we require that Liam is gentlemanly at all times!
Look out world....Liam can sit!

Such a doll baby!

No comments:
Post a Comment