Saturday, October 2, 2010

1 week old!!




I have been soaking up my time with Liam, therefore, I am behind on posting. Last Sunday, we celebrated Liam's first week here on earth. We had a family dinner at Grandma's and Pappa's house. This was Liam's first real outing. I made cupcakes to celebrate my little prince charming. Liam was so loved and was never put down, he was one happy little guy!
I can not believe how fast the week went. I half to admit I felt a bit sad, because I want him to be my little snugly baby forever! Liam has adjusted to life here on earth very well. Our family goal for week 1 was to make sure we all got the hang of breast feeding. Little Liam had no trouble learning to eat...he just seems to have a hard time waking up to eat and staying awake while feeding. He is a bit of a sleeper. He sleeps so well at night, that I half to wake him up for feedings!I miss him so much at night, that I often wake up and look into his bassinet and hope he would start to cry, so I can hug and cuddle him! Liam hardly ever cries, and loves to smile and snuggle. I never imagined in my wildest dreams how sweet he would be.
His first week was so happy and peaceful. Adam stayed home the entire week, it was a wonderful bonding experience to shut ourselves in our home, ignore phones, e-mails, schedules, and all other distractions, and just hang out together as a family of three!
Liam loves his daddy. Adam is over the moon for little Liam. Adam takes about a hundred pictures of him a day, and each night Liam lays on Adam's chest and just gazes up at Adam, while Adam talks to him about all kinds of things!
Liam has already acquired a number of nicknames during his first week. Mommy calls him bubba/ bubbas and snuggle bear. Daddy calls him Bugga boo. Pappa (Grandpa) calls mr. pee body.....because Liam peed on him 3 times in one day!! In fact, Liam has peed on mommy, daddy, grandma, and pappa this week.....due to a healing circumcision and low riding newborn diapers!
We are loving getting to know Liam more each day. It has been fun to see his little personality come out. Liam hates having his hands swaddled or confined....he always has his hands out and up near his face. He loves to suck on the side of his hand, just like we saw him doing in ultrasound pictures. He loves to snuggle close to me when I am feeding him, and stretch his arms and legs out in opposing directions when he is waking. Liam smiles often...and makes little squeaking noises while he sleeps. Nearly a million times a day, Adam and I comment on how much we love our little guy and how we can not believe he is really ours! We are thrilled to know we have eternity to spend with our little prince!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You look great!

Devin and Lisette said...

Love reading about little Liam! He sounds like a great baby. You do have to watch out on the whole peeing thing. I had the same problem with Zander and then realized I have to make sure his pee pee is facing down. We haven't had any episodes of pee coming out of his diaper since. Now peeing when the diaper is off is another story!

Blog Archive