Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Let Freedom Ring!





Adam and I spent the fourth at Huntington Beach. During the day we strolled around the main street and pier festivities with my parents. Adam took part in a pull up competition and the Navy booth and won a pair of sunglasses. He also, made sure to fit in beach time and catch some waves on his body board. We had picnic dinner on the beach and watched the fireworks that were shot off the pier, while nestled in blankets on the sand!

** Special note: I thank every member of the armed forces. My Grandfather served in WWII and my cousin is currently in the Marines. I am so proud of them. I think and pray for those who serve our county, and for their family members! May we never forget the many thousands of people who have died to give us our freedoms.May we never allow their deaths to be in vain, and forfeit our freedoms, no matter what eloquent line a politician sends our way!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun!! The 4th in Cali sounds glorious!

Franchesca said...

Adam would do the pull up competition. That's cute. I'm sorry we didn't hook up when I was there. We ended up going to San Diego sometime in the week. Sorry for being a bad friend. I hope you're doing well. I want to see your belly.

Blog Archive