Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Tis the season to catch up!

Guilty as charged, I am the worst blogger of the Fall/ Winter season. Fall and winter are my favorite times of the year, however they are busy times and I have been so busy I have put off blogging for a while. With today being my first official day of Christmas break..... I have decided to get things up to date, (or at least get started!)

Fall was wonderful, we came home from our stay in California in October. We were home for one week, and then jetted off to the east coast to Virgina. Our first stop was Colonial Williamsburg, where we spent a few days soaking up as much history as we could. We then drove up a little further north to spend a couple days, including Halloween with Adam's family and our wonderfully, sweet nieces and nephews! We always love see Adam's brother Mark and his wife Angie they are the kindest/ dearest people. Adam and I always say, when we "grow up" we want to be like them! They have the most talented and entertaining kids, we can not get enough of them! The entire trip, we were engulfed in the beautiful fall foliage! We made sure to squeeze in several beautiful hikes, and flea market shopping!

We flew home to Arizona, slept 12 hours and took off to California for a week! We were home for a couple of weeks.....and tried to catch up with friends, family, and life.....then we were back in California for Thanksgiving week! Thanksgiving was so special this year, as my Grandma's birthday was actually on Thanksgiving day! From the time I was was born my Grandma and I had an instant bond. My whole life she has been my very best friend. She is the woman I am trying to become! Each and every moment I spend with her is truly a treasure! Almost all of my family was in town to celebrate my Grandma and give thanks for the wonderful example of love she is to us all! We all went and saw the movie Blind Side together, and I have decided it has made my favorite movie of all time list! So, aside from Adam braking his collar bone in the Turkey bowl, Thanksgiving was perfect!

After Thanksgiving we headed home. This was the first time I felt like we were really heading home in 6 months. Our house was cleaned, and moved back into, so when we got home......there was nothing pressing we had to do, except be home! And over these last few weeks that is exactly what we have been doing....enjoying home! We have been homebodies for the most part. We venture out for work, the many holiday parties and shopping. For the most part we have been enjoying being home, decorating our tree, baking, and watching all the Christmas classics! Our plan was to stay home for Christmas and serve Christmas dinner with the Salvation army on Christmas day, however, we were notified my Grandma was ill yesterday and we hopped in our car.....and arrived in California late last night! So we will have a California Christmas!
The College of William and Mary is the second oldest university and longest running. It is fantastic the entire university is made of brick!
Who know the world's best Christmas store was in Williamsburg, VA? This store had about ten connecting rooms, all filled with Christmas stuff......it even snowed from it's ceiling!
This arch way was at Colonial Williamsburg, at the Govenors mansion! I had to take a picture cause I want this in my dream home some day!

At the York battle fields....I was trying to imagine what the battle was like, in all honesty I could not. All I could think of was how frightening it would be to have boweling ball size cannons heading in your direction!
At historic Jamestown, the woman reminded us, that Jamestown was a military fort and the men wore this kind of armor daily......no thanks! It is too heavy!
Random pumkin patch we found.....Just another reason I loved Williamsburg! The feeling of fall was everywhere!
A replication of the Native villiages outside Jamestown. Though they look a bit primative, they were sophisticated for their times, the roof could roll back in good weather, and forward with bad. They had "indoor fireplaces" even bunkbeds!
The natives had no idea how trendy they were........look.....organic corn meal!!
Colonial Williamsburg is truly like stepping back in time!
I could not get enough of the Govenors palace, in Colonial Williamsburg......it was stunning! The gardens were fit for a King, as they were the traditional English style (which happens to be my favorite!)
Is it bad that I put this house on my Christmas list? I just love it! Just so Santa knows, this was in York, it's historical, and 100% fabulous!
Though it may not be the Govenor's palace, the Govenor's mansion in York proved to be every bit as fun!

This was the real deal black smith. He makes all the nails, bullets, buckels ect. used to maintain historical Jamestown!
They make one spooky bunch!
Who knew Mark was so creative? Pumkin guts anyone?
Monster mashing on the front lawn!
This little whitchy poo..... has great powers.....she can melt hearts!
This old truck was for sale at a flea market......I wanted to buy it! I love the color! All I need are some baskets of apples in the back and I am good to go!

It really was a cool truck!
This barn has become a favorite of mine.....not only is it beautiful, it signifies we are close to Mark's house!

Ok, this cottage home is perfection.....I put it on my Christmas list too!

Adam has a creative side, he made these candles to look like candy corns......they turned out so cute!

You can't leave the East coast in the fall with out going apple picking......Adam had to snag a half bushel of red delicious!
We went to a fun flea market that was inside, what i think is a airplane hanger!
Score! I found these stemware glasses that date to the late 30's early 40's. They have 24k gold around their rims. They are just beautiful....I had to have them. I packed them up and plan on using them for special events and holidays!

1 comment:

Franchesca said...

I love the truck that you found at the flea market. So cute! We didn't get to pick apples went we went back to Baltimore because it rained the whole time. The apples back there are so incredibly good. Gosh we are going to miss you when you move back there someday.

Blog Archive