Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Are you from Cali??

If my big sunglasses don't give it away, my "valley girl accent" exposes me for what I really am.....a California girl! It is wonderful to be just minutes from the beach, in my old stomping grounds. So far, our summer has been full of sunshine. Though Adam has been working a ton, we are finding the time to fulfill our inner beach bums. The Newport beach tide pools, have become our favorite picnic destination! As summer is winding down, we find our selves more determined to pencil in those lazy beach days.

At the beginning of summer, I went on an Alaskan cruise for my family reunion. Adam was too busy at work to go....so I went solo and shared a room with my cousin (who also left her hubbie behind) We made it into a bit of a girls get-a-way! Alaska is so pure.All the open land and wild life give me a urge to do something outdoorsy and adventurous. I am not sure just what that is quit yet.......but i am thinking a south American jungle trek....using only the clothes on my back to survive! Maybe that's too extreme.....I might just start with a visit to Yellowstone or something. I am telling you, Alaska reminded me what a beautiful world heavenly father created for us, I want to get out there and take it all in. Maybe I will do that trek!

Adam turned 25 in June! He is now a quarter of a century (doesn't that sound old when you put it like that?) Thanks to my Mom's tireless efforts, we threw Adam the ultimate birthday party! What baby likes, baby gets. My baby likes simple, all American food.....so that is what he got.....with a Tatum twist. We set up a gourmet burger bar. It was fun, we had everything you needed to build the most decadent gourmet burger. Adam's burger of choice included grilled pineapple, Havarti cheese, lettuce, grilled onions, catch-up, pickles, and inn and out's "secret sauce." I think he ate about 20 of them. We also had homemade fries and sweet potato fries, homemade coleslaw, and watermelon skiers. We also, made homemade milk shakes with a topping bar. We had outdoor games, dancing and Karaoke. Adam's closest "dudes" were all there to help him party the night away!


Birthday Breakfast!



The Table is set!


The bugers are grillin.......thanks Dad! Don't forget the grilled pineapple....they're Adam's fav!

Burger bar.........check! Milkshakes.....check....thanks Rachy!

Let the Birthday feast begin!
Bring on the cupcakes, bring on the fun! Who knew that Dad was real karaoke king?

Thanks for coming G&G........you prove age an't nothing but a number!
I finally got what I have prayed for my whole life.......a little sister! Well, at least a little sister-in-law! My younger brother Austin, married his Jr. high sweet heart in July! I love Rachel and feel blessed she is part of our family! Their wedding was very original. It was young, funky, and had just a hint of a Hawaiian twist. Both Adam and I had a blast at the reception.....we danced the night away! They decided their honeymoon is never going to end, they got married and set off for home ......in Hawaii.....man are they smart!
Perfect match!
With the new found free time I have, I caught the crafty bug. I have made my first baby quilt, hair clips, scrapbook pages, and am nearly done with this year's Christmas cards! Most of my new round of craft projects involve sewing. So, that means it's time for me to get down to business and finally learn to sew.......really sew! I have wanted to learn for years. So, i guess this is the year! I am getting ready to do an LA trip....I plan on hitting up the Malibu flea market and fabric district. All in efforts to find the perfect fabrics for my home decorating projects! Hey if anyone has any fun craft ideas I would love to "be in the know!" Maybe I will get a jump start on Halloween decor........anyone have "spooky" ideas?

4 comments:

Kris & Amy said...

You are too cute! Yay for doing a blog! :) Ours is gietz.blogspot.com. miss you guys!! XOXO

Stephanie Vogel said...

Your right by your voice a def person could tell your from cally! I love your valleygirl voice! Miss yoU!

Kelly said...

Het Tae, My mom sent me you blog site!! I had no idea you had one!! Fun. It's nice to check on you since you NEVER call me back! Or TXT me back!

Monica said...

So excited that you have a blog. Now I kind of know what's going on with your life!! I miss your face!! Come to see us anytime. ;) We sure do miss you beach bums.

Blog Archive