True to tradition, we have been picking bucket fulls of wild blackberries this summer. Liam feast daily on the plump berries during his morning bike rides with Daddy. The juicy berries have been staples in our morning smoothies and motivation to try new recipes. Liam loved the mini blackberry and mint tarts we made in
midsummer. He ate his little tart so quickly I couldn't even snap a picture in time. I have decided there is no better flavor combination than wild blackberries and fresh mint picked straight from your summer garden! Fall is my favorite season, so I am never one to see summer end however, I will miss seeing Liam's berry stained hands.
Liam and Daddy in the berry patch
Sweet Olivia rested beneath the shade of the eucalyptus trees while we picked berries
On our way home with a wagon load of berries
Liam eats the berries all the way home!
Picking berries in the summer heat can tucker a girl or girls out!
Often we will pick while we are on our morning walk and Olivia is taking her morning nap
Liam making the tart filling
Bam! Liam's tart was devoured in a blink of an eye!









No comments:
Post a Comment