On the 1st of July Olivia was given a name and a blessing. She wore the same beautiful dress that I was blessed in made by my Grandma Hansen. Everything was true to Olivia's form...perfectly sweet. She did not make a single peep as her Daddy gave her a beautiful blessing.My Grandma Hansen gave her a beautiful bracelet with a charm that says "I am a child of God." It was a sweet keepsake that will remind us of that cherished day forever.
The day was a bit bitter sweet, as we gave Olivia the middle name of Ruth in honor of my dear Grandma. As her full name was spoken aloud, and recorded in Heaven, a lump instantly swelled in my throat as I ached for my Grandma to be beside me. I know she is watching over me, and has gone out of her way to see that the very sweetest of spirits have been sent to Adam and I. Each day I feel undeserving of such sweet and Heavenly children, I know I am blessed because of my Grandma's righteousness. There has not been a single day that has passed that I have not thought of my Grandma and her greatness since she has passed. Adam and I could give no greater honor to our sweet Olivia then to name her in my Grandma's honor!
Olivia's Blessing given to her by her Daddy
"Olivia Ruth Buhl we give you this day a name and a blessing. You shall be known as Olivia Ruth Buhl. Olivia, Your Heavenly Father loves you very much. We bless you that you will have a strong and unwavering testimony.That you will be a good example to your family and all whom you meet.You will seek an education and be well versed. We bless you to be able to seek out all the education that is available to you. We bless you to be able to find someone you enjoy, who makes you happy and makes you a better person; and be able to go with him to the temple and be sealed to your family for time and eternity.We bless you to be able to have a wonderful family, whom you can share all you have learned with and be a sweet example, and wonderful mother. We bless you that you will be healthy and have a sweet life. We love you very much and say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen."










No comments:
Post a Comment