Friday, March 2, 2012

Gushing...

It's the small "Motherhood moments" that make me feel as if heaven were on earth. Things like:

When the wind blows through Liam's hair while we are on our morning walks
When I go to turn on the TV and realize Liam has unplugged the power cord
When Liam comes walking down the hall with a head full of toothpaste
When I am cleaning up the kitchen after Liam has gone to bed and notice a tiny toy car under the cabinets
When I watch Liam play on his own and chatter to himself, and he has no idea I am watching
When I am driving the car and hear Liam saying " hi truck."
When I catch Liam shoving his spoon in one of the vents
When Liam grabs my hand and leads me someplace
When Liam reaches for my hand when he needs help on the playground with out even looking up for me.
When I go to CostCo and Liam shouts "hi!" to every passer bye, and becomes known as the "hi baby" among the fellow shoppers.
When I fold Liam's laundry and notice all the stains on his T-shirts...each stain represents a fun moment....I will always treasure those stained little T's
When I look at Liam's favorite blankies and see that each corner is well worn from where he has chewed on them.

It's moments like these that make my life feel full, make me feel completely content. Calling Liam ours, is the most wonderful blessing Adam and I have been given. I can honestly say I have enjoyed every moment of motherhood. I feel so grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed me with such a privileged vocation in life. I can think of nothing else I would want to do but spend my days with my little prince. To think that I am going to be blessed with a little girl soon makes me feel undeserving of such happiness. Heavenly Father is too good to me. He has granted me Heaven on Earth!

No comments:

Blog Archive