Lately, there have been a lot of women sick or who have recently had a baby in our ward. I have been making a lot of meals for these women and their families. I read a wonderful article several weeks back about the privilege it is to serve. After reading the article, I resolved to enjoy the opportunities I have been given to serve, more fully. I used a meal I was preparing for a new mother as a starting point. This mother, who is a dear friend of mine, already has a two year old. I decided, I wanted to bring an extra smile to her two year old, so I decided to make Teddy Bear Bread. I have fond memories of making this bread with my mom, when I was young. I enjoyed the time it took to make the bread. I thought of how lucky I was to have such a wonderful mother, who has always made my life feel full and pleasant.
After making the Teddy Bread ( which Liam thought was a doggy) I made meatloaf cupcakes with mashed sweet potato "frosting." I then made up a quick veggie dish and put them in Chinese take out boxes. I finished things off by adding in a few chocolate dipped strawberries. The family was thrilled with the humor of the meal. The sweet little girl loved the bread and was all smiles. We had the same dinner that night, packaged the very same way. Adam thought it was fun to have a change of pace for dinner. Liam thought our "Doggy" Aka Teddy Bear Bread was hilarious. Dinner at our home that evening was happy, and a bit silly. That night I felt in my heart, I am truly grateful for opportunities to serve!

No comments:
Post a Comment