Friday, April 29, 2011

Wet Wednesdays...

Being the crazy type "A" mom that I am, have an activity assigned to nearly everyday of the week;
Monday: Liam & I do something service related

Tuesday: Library day

Wednesday: Water activity

Thursday: Animal day

Friday: Morning play date and and Film day ( Baby Einstein DVD ( usually in Spanish), while Mommy folds laundry...and attempts to learn a new word or two in Spanish!)

Saturday: Go with the flow day

Sunday: Family day (we make sure to spend time together as a trio!)



I have these designated days in efforts to help me expose Liam to a variety of experiences and situations. It is my way to help curb his wild curiosity for anything and everything. In addition, having activities assigned to specific days acts as insurance against getting in mundane ruts! Liam and I have done simple water activities before, but as his love for water has developed and with the onset of warming temperatures, I thought a water day would be a great addition to our week. For the past month, I have looked at various stores for a small toddler bathing pool. My search was premature, summer merchandise was not yet in stock. My search has proved unsuccessful. I decided, during this "waiting" period, I would make my own make shift pool, out of a large storage container. Liam went wild, he splashed his little heart out. As i have not yet purchased swim diapers, I allowed Liam to experience his first ramp in the pool all natural. I will take any excuse to snap a photo of his cute buns!






No comments:

Blog Archive