I need to buy some sidewalk chalk!
These really were the most adorble men! Wish I could have gotten a photo in more detail...I took a sneaky pic from far away....i did not want them to think I was a creeper!
Above all activities....I love to play with Liam the most!
Life has been especially busy these last few weeks. Poor Adam, not only is he trying to keep up with one business while opening another....he is also a Father and Husband. He has done a wonderful job disrubuting his attention and keeping his head above water...he actually had a huge sales month despite all the comotion in our life! I have been busy taking care of the prince, house hunting, working on our new business during Liam's nap hours, and trying to train for my half marathon.
One day last week, I was feel a bit melancholly. We took a family walk to the park and I noticed t four older gentleman playing horse shoes. There was a certain aire of charm, seeing these men ( who happen to be more advanced in life than me) playing a game with the same enthusiasm as children. I began to think about the idea of play. All too often, I am thinking about what I could and should be doing. I have a constant disatisfaction with my daily accomplishments. I am always thinking what I can take on.
After seeing those 4 gentleman, I realized I love working hard.Hard work, provides a contrast when to play, those who work hard can enjoy the relief of play more fully. Sadly, in our money driven/ success hungry society, playtime is often pushed to the back burner.
I decided that I am going to always cherish my "playtime," and despite the wild pace of life....I am always going to make time for play. I always hear parents talk about their desires to teach their children the value of hard work. I too, share this desire. However, I also want to teach Liam the importance of "letting loose" being free, and spontaneous.
My family is shutting down for a few days, no training schedule to fallow, no e-mails, no meetings.....we are just going to play. We are headed to Oceanside to stay at a beach house. Some of our favorite people in the world will be with us. We will not fret over life for a week.....we will just indulge and enjoy the gift of play!

No comments:
Post a Comment