Saturday, September 4, 2010

Chapter motherhood...

My Dr. moved my due date up, and I am now officially past due. I wake up everyday wondering and hoping if this would be the day our little prince would arrive. Today, as I was out for a walk, I caught a glimpse of my pregnant shadow, "waddling" down the walking path. I realized, I have had the wrong attitude these last few days. I have been obsessed with my discomfort and readiness for my little guy's arrival. Instead, I should enjoy my last moments as a "prego." Pregnancy, is a wonderful gift.It is a blessing to carry a child, and surrender my body for a duration of time, in order to grow and incubate a perfect little being. It is amazing the transformation your body undergoes....I feel super-human! Who would of thought gaining 34 lbs can make you feel so beautiful and so confident! Many woman would love to be pregnant, and for a number of reasons, they can not. Out of respect for these woman, and for the blessings that heavenly Father has bestowed upon me, I resolve to enjoy my last moments as a pregnant woman, I am even determined to enjoy my discomfort......after all, it is all part of a miracle!

Looking back over my pregnancy, I have some highlight moments, such moments include;

-eating grapes dipped in peanut butter ( my first trimester specialty)
-Discovering the renewing quality of an afternoon nap!
-slowing down, and walking...i got a chance to "smell the roses," so to speak, instead of running past life, I slowed down and walked. I noticed all kinds of beautiful things and people, that I would normally run past!
- re-discovering red meat.....i was all about hamburgers (thanks to IN and OUT)
- using slurpees to combat hot summer days!
-eating watermelon....half a watermelon at a time, as a meal......i went through pounds and pounds of watermelon every week!
- my love for my body pillow...oh thank goodness for my body pillow!
- the humor of growing out of everything.....my maternity clothes, my shoes....even my wedding ring!
- pre-natal yoga class....who would of thought, 60 minutes of laying on the floor hugging a pillow and breathing could be so relaxing!
- asking Adam if 7: 30pm is too early for bed......and remembering the days where I could stay up past 9pm!
- loosing sight of my feet, and loosing the ability to paint my own toes......thank goodness for star nails in Newport beach, they saved my feet from looking like a cave woman!
-Hands down, my favorite moments, have been feeling my little prince move around, listening to his heart beat, and catching glimpses of him during ultrasounds.

All and all, I have had a wonderful pregnancy. I have been "showered" with love twice, have cleaned and ironed all the little guys clothes, stocked up on diapers, the nursery is waiting ready to be occupied, and the hospital bags are meticulously packed. I cherish my memories as a pregnant woman. I am looking forward to the next chapter of my life......chapter motherhood. Until then, I will wait patiently, and celebrate in my pregnant bliss!


5 comments:

Stephanie Vogel said...

Oh Tatum!! I'm so excited for you! I miss you!

Kris & Amy said...

I can't wait! you better text me from the hospital. Oh I wish you were still across the street... XOXO

Franchesca said...

we are so happy for you.I've never been pregnant, but I'm sure it's normal for you to want the baby out already. There's no shame in feeling that way. You're going to be a fanatastic mother.

Annie R said...

So, now you're coming home from the hospital... a Mommy! It was so fun to come and see you there! Liam is so beautiful! Congratulations! Love, Auntie DeAnn

Katie Hastings said...

congrats i cant wait to see more picks of your sweet boy!! I am so excited for you!! Can you believe Dalton is walking! it goes so so fast!

Blog Archive